H1 HYT x Alinghi returns to its yacht roots: after H4 (2015) and H2 (2016), it is now the most technologically advanced work, borrowing more elements from the ships that inspired it.
This will be the third watch launched in cooperation with the yacht racing team; H1 Alinghi is the most technologically advanced and avant-garde in the trilogy. The purpose of the design is to focus on technology and aesthetics as much as possible.
The dial is like an Alinghi catamaran flying at full speed, using a series of technologies to read the time through the liquid in the capillary tube to create the iconic fluid time. To make it easier to read in the dark, HYT set it up on a channel full of Super-LumiNova. At night, the translucent part of the capillary will reflect light so that the opaque time display can be read.
On the back, the structure of H1 Alinghi echoes the deck of the yacht. The gray sandblasted finish is the perfect backdrop to showcase all the high-tech glory of the work.
In terms of materials, HYT and Alinghi both favor lightness and rigidity. This piece has offset lugs and a crown guard made of folded and forged carbon. These elements are designed and manufactured on the outside of the watch, and then assembled in the middle of the titanium metal.
Finally, the dial has many elements designed specifically for the H1 Alinghi and its yachting world: the small second at 9 o’clock is shaped as the main sail, the power reserve at 3 o’clock is shaped like a winch, and the jumper with the Alinghi logo at 6 o’clock. Line, as well as the team’s iconic red on the power reserve and minute hand.
Technical specifications and prices
Function: black retrograde fluid hours; minutes and seconds
Replica HYT‘s unique patented microfluidic module:
– Two multi-layer metal bellows
– Medical-grade glass capillary with internal nano-coating
– Two immiscible liquids; one is transparent, the other is high
Resistant dye coloring
– Thermal compensator with special bellows, which contains a special liquid
– Ceramic fluid restrictor
Movement: mechanical manual winding, exclusive HYT movement
– 28,800 vph, 4 Hz, 35 jewels
– The splint is manually chamfered and decorated with Geneva corrugation, rhodium-plated corrugated tube
– 65 hours power reserve
Case: Titanium and forged carbon material with brushed, micro-sandblasted and satin finish
– Diameter: 48.8 mm
– Thickness: 17.9 mm
– Rubber-covered screw-in crown
– Forged carbon fiber crown guard
– Forged carbon fiber locking additional lugs
– Titanium dome with Alinghi logo at 06:00
– Curved sapphire crystal glass with anti-reflective coating on the inside
– Screw-in case back with Alinghi sapphire engraved
– Water-resistant to 30 meters
Dial: unstructured fluid hour display
– Black hour dial, white hour markers and numerals
– Hour chapter filling Super-LumiNova®
– The central dial is connected to the hour dial by a synthetic thread
– Black minute dial, diamond-set edges and hour markers, white numerals
– Red lacquered rhodium-plated minute hand
– Adjuster at 12 o’clock
– The small second wheel at 09:30 is in the shape of Gennaker furler, processed by NAC
– The power reserve indicator at 02:30 is in the shape of a winch, NAC-teatment
Strap: dark charcoal gray reinforced fabric, composed of fire-resistant and anti-allergic fibers, black exposed thread, titanium folding clasp